Over the last 10 years as business environments have become more complex, in nearly every sector, companies have evolved from doing business predominantly one way to running different, multiple business models simultaneously. As the world becomes less and less predictable, adaptive, agile ways of working are more relevant than ever.
In this Podcast Steve Crom and Günter Kloucek are looking at agility on four levels: individual, teams, functions and organizations.
Episode 3: Pair up empowerment with coaching & development
In this Episode Steve and Günter talk about:
- Willingness of leaders to give greater autonomy to teams
- Readiness of organizations to embrace an unusual degree of freedom
- Defining the sweet spot between providing a clear objective but not dictating how things should be done
- Delegating decision-making
- The need for vertical and horizontal agility
- The key strategic initiatives that help companies innovate take place in the white space
- Influencing and managing without formal authority
Also available as Audio Podcast
and on Spotify.
Here you can find Episode 1 and Episode 2.
About the Hosts
Steve Crom is Chairman & Partner of OXYGY. Trained as an economist, he realized early in his career that getting to the right answer is at most 20% of the solution. Unlocking and mobilizing an organization’s creative and productive potential to implement solutions is the bigger challenge. Experience shows that co-discovery, co-design and the engagement of those responsible for making changes work is the key to sustainable improvement.
Günter Kloucek is a Director at OXYGY. Prior to consulting, Günter was the General Manager of Takeda Germany. He has more than 25 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and held operating company responsibility as well as led corporate functions including business strategy.